Your vision is the most important of your senses, and it is important to schedule regular eye exams with an optometrist to preserve it. At Modern Eyes Optometry, we have been providing Carlsbad residents with reliable eye care services for many years. Regular visits to our office will allow our eye doctor to identify and address eye conditions before they begin affecting your eyesight.
Common Eye Disorders
Common eye disorders treated by our optometrist include:
- Myopia, which makes it difficult to see things that are farther away. Anyone with hyperopia will have trouble reading or seeing things that are nearby.
- Astigmatism results in blurred vision at any distance.
- Amblyopia is a condition in which the eyes have trouble working together.
- Cataracts, which often develop as part of the normal aging process and cause the eye’s lens to become cloudy.
- Macular degeneration is another disorder that is often associated with aging. It affects the macula and can lead to permanent vision loss if left untreated.
- Glaucoma is a disorder that is caused by excessive pressure within the eye and can eventually lead to blindness.
Other vision-related disorders include conjunctivitis and dry eye syndrome. It will take an eye doctor to diagnose these conditions and find the most effective treatment method.
When to Visit an Eye Doctor
Through an eye exam that uses the latest tools and techniques, our optometrist can check the status of your vision and detect any problems that are starting to develop. Minor disorders like nearsightedness and farsightedness, which are usually related to the shape of the eyeball itself, can usually be corrected with the fitting of prescription eyeglasses. Those who feel uncomfortable about the way they look in glasses may wish to go the route of contact lenses.
Our eye doctor can also look directly into your eye to check for the development of cataracts or other health conditions. We will also measure the pressure within the eye to check for glaucoma. Although your vision may seem fine, you should seek an eye exam every two or three years because problems are easier to treat if they are detected earlier. Seniors or those with special vision problems should consider more frequent examinations.
Schedule an Eye Exam with Our Optometrist in Carlsbad
Whether you are having a particular eye problem or are merely interested in maintaining the current state of your vision, the eye care professionals at Modern Eyes Optometry are ready to assist you. For more information or to schedule an appointment with our eye doctor, call us today at (760) 678-0008.