Emergency Eye Care
Our Carlsbad optometrist offers emergency eye care services. Our expert staff at Modern Eyes Optometry are here to help you with even the most urgent and complex eye care needs. When it comes to emergency optometry, we take your condition very seriously. If you are experiencing an eye care emergency, give us a call right away to get the help you need. If you are not currently experiencing an eye care emergency, read on to learn about how you can prevent eye and vision emergencies.
When to See an Eye Doctor
The quick answer is that you should see an eye doctor if your gut is telling you it’s time. Sometimes the best way to gauge when you are in an emergency situation is if your instincts are telling you so. With that said, there are a few situations where it's clear you need to see an optometrist.
- If you've experienced a sudden loss of vision then you need to see an eye doctor right away.
- If you have sustained eye trauma such as scratches, punctures, or severe damage to the eyelid, you need to see an eye doctor immediately to protect your vision.
- Signs of severe infections such as swelling, discharge, and general discomfort around the eye are a good sign that you need to come in and have your eyes checked by one of our specialists.
- If your eye has been exposed to any chemicals that cause prolonged redness, swelling, or pain, seeing an emergency eye doctor is likely to be the best option for you.
Remember that you should see an eye doctor if your instincts are telling you that you are in an emergency. However, there are a few things you can do in the meantime that can help.
Emergency Eye Care
Optometry services are the best option when it comes to taking care of your eyes, but there are a few things you can do at home to help.
- Rinsing your eye can help with mild chemical exposure.
- If your eye has sustained trauma, use a cold compress to reduce swelling.
- If there is debris or foreign objects in your eye, do not rub or otherwise agitate your eye.
- If your eye has been punctured by a long object, use the bottom of a styrofoam cup to stabilize the object and prevent further damage while you seek emergency eye care.
If you live in the area, the best thing you can do is contact our emergency services.
Contact Our Carlsbad Optometrist
Our emergency eye care service can handle your situation and provide help immediately. If you are experiencing an eye or vision-related emergency, get help and contact our expert eye doctor right away. When it comes to the health of your eyes, timing is crucial and Modern Eyes Optometry in Carlsbad stands ready to help.