At Modern Eyes Optometry, serving Carlsbad CA, and the surrounding areas, we are here to assist you with vision problems you may be experiencing both big and small. If you are dealing with blurry vision, we can help. Keep reading to learn more.
What Causes Blurry Vision?
You should have an annual eye exam once a year, but if you notice any problems with your vision, it is a good idea to go ahead and schedule an appointment. Potential causes of blurry vision include:
- Dry eyes: If you struggle with dry eye syndrome, you may notice that your vision will get blurry when you have a flare-up.
- Vision problems: You might notice your vision will blur when you try to focus up close or far away. This is the number one indicator that you may need vision correction.
- Cataracts: Cataracts occur when the lens becomes clouded. This condition can easily be detected with an eye exam.
- Damaged cornea: If you have recently had an eye injury or gotten something in your eye, you might have a damaged cornea. A damaged cornea should be treated quickly to prevent permanent eye damage.
- Computer vision: If you spend a lot of time in front of screens, you may be suffering from computer vision syndrome. This type of digital eye strain can cause blurry vision, headaches, and even neck pain. When you are overexposed to blue light from computers and smartphones, it can start to take a toll on your eyes. This condition can easily be treated with screen breaks and blue light filtering lenses.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Optometrist in Carlsbad, CA
If you are concerned about your blurry vision, we can help. It is always a good idea to have your eyes examined so that you do not experience a worsening condition over time. Contact us at Modern Eyes Optometry, serving Carlsbad CA, and the surrounding areas by calling (760) 678-0008 today.